Monday, December 24, 2012

Sepia Saturday: Melbourne tram

Melbourne tram by boobook48
Melbourne tram, a photo by boobook48 on Flickr.
Several times a month I volunteer at the Genealogical Society of Victoria's library. To get there I travel on a tram in Collins St, Melbourne and I really enjoy it. I love people-watching and it's a relaxing way to travel. Tourists love the Melbourne trams - I often see them standing with cameras at the ready. 

I took this photo several years ago, played around with colour and focus,  and uploaded it to my Flickr online albums. Now I'm adding it here for Sepia Saturday's last theme for the year. Unfortunately Santa is not on this tram and I don't have any old sepia Christmas photos so this is it.

Happy Christmas everyone.

8 comments:

  1. A sepia picture of the future!!
    Happy Holidays!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that an accordion player in the far corner? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have to imagine the decorations hanging from the passenger handles, that's all.

    Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Santa's there -- he's just on the next car! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks....your image prompted me to upload an old Sepia image of Derby trams, and a family shop, to Wikipedia.... http://goo.gl/i2co0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nigel - your link in the comment doesn't work. Could you check and repost?
      Thanks. Boobook.

      Delete
  6. That's an excellent photograph. I must say I often feel embarrassed to take photos in those situations, and try to do it surreptitiously or pretend I'm photographing scenery, in case the subjects take offense.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thankyou for your interest.

Lorraine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...