Saturday, September 2, 2017

Sepia Saturday: A set of wheels

Tricycle plus wheelbarrow. It might work.

This photo is a scanned family slide from a about the 1960s. I think the child is my husband's younger sister Kay. I like the creative thinking of the children at play. It looks like the arrangement of tricycle towing a wheelbarrow complete with passenger would work. And obviously an adult has taken the photo so they couldn't have been too worried about consequences.

This post is in response to the Sepia Saturday theme image. You can read other responses over there.


9 comments:

  1. That photo looks like it would fit next week's theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo! Reminds me of children who play with the boxes when they are given modern toys :-) And it's not a far cry from some of the baby-on-board carriers added to today's bikes. This child was onto something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fabulous photograph in its own right as well as the sepia value of it. As soon as I saw it I thought "I wish I had taken that", and that is the highest complement one snapper can make to another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody cearly thought it would work, and was proud enough of it to take a photo. There must be a name for the invention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wheelbarrow like that would need to be tied on pretty securely! I think it must have just been wishful thinking on the child's part but it certsinly makes for an interesting photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the large wheels and narrow racing seat that is a superior tricycle. And the wheelbarrow despite its child-size is pretty rugged and built for serious dirt moving. Play with a purpose perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and charming photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How delightful...and triggered my memory of my first trike...maybe age 3. I preferred to turn it upside down and pedal that big wheel with my hands, to see it spin and spin and spin!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thankyou for your interest.

Lorraine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...